This is my new favourite plant-based pizza. The sweet, super juicy chunks of pineapple paired with salty Moroccan olives and spicy sliced banana peppers is enough to keep you grabbing for one more slice…..until it’s gone!
It’s super easy to make, just pick up a ready-made frozen pizza dough and leave it for a few hours on the counter or overnight in the fridge to defrost. The stretch it out, spread on the love, going edge to edge, with your favourite pizza sauce, then evenly top with pineapple, peppers, olives and zucchini.
If you don’t love zucchini, switch it up with other vegetables like broccoli florets, sliced mushrooms or caramelized onions. You can’t go wrong with this pizza.
The Best EVER Vegan Pizza
- 1 lb store-bought pizza dough at room temperature
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 10 black Moroccan sun-dried olives pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup banana pepper slices
- Preheat the oven to 500°Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, press and stretch pizza dough into a rough 12- x 17-inch rectangle; transfer to prepared pan.
- Evenly spread dough with pizza sauce; top with pineapple, zucchini, black olives, and banana peppers. Bake until the crust is golden, about 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
- It can be very frustrating when you try to stretch or roll out pizza dough only to have it shrink back - that’s because you’ve only stretched out one side. To stop your pizza dough from shrinking as you roll it, keep flipping it over so you stretch both sides.
- A jar of well seasoned strained tomatoes (passata) works as a great substitute for pizza sauce